Skin care does not take into account age. It doesn't matter if you are 15 or 35. You should spend 3 minutes in the morning and 3 minutes in the evening on your skin. It doesn't seem like a lot of effort so excuses are not accepted.
Coco Chanel said that nature gives you the skin you have at 20 and the skin you deserve at 50, and I totally agree.
It is true that genetic inheritance also plays an important role, but it also matters how much you take care of yourself.
Here's what you should do:
- Cleanse your skin and moisturize it every morning and evening. see HERE what the right skin care routine should look like.
- Use sunscreen every day of the year. I explained it to you very clearly HERE how the sun acts on the structure of the skin.
- Drink water. Daily. Water, not juice, not coffee.
- Rest and get a good night's sleep when the cells regenerate.
- Exfoliate your skin.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and sleepless nights as much as possible. Remember when I told you tobacco was misogynistic? If you do not read the article again HERE.
- Take care of the eye area. Did you know that eyelids are one of the most common areas for skin cancer?
- Don't go around the beauty salon. Even if you cross its threshold, don't go around it at all.
- Use masks for hydration, cleansing or whatever you feel the need at home. I really make a difference!
- Do not avoid anti-aging or anti-wrinkle products if your skin needs them.
- Give yourself time. Notice the changes in your skin, what are the products that make it good and that hurt it. Do not treat skin care superficially!
- Don't put your hand on your face! Neither clean nor dirty. I explained HERE why it's not good.
I, for one, am a big fan of serums. What are serums good for? I wrote HERE. I also noticed that I tend to invest more in the care products I use before bed than in the day care. I'm certainly not the only one doing this.
My evening routine looks like this: make-up removal, cleansing with a special gel, toning, skin serum, special eye gel and then moisturizer. The outcome? A radiant complexion when I wake up. What more could I want? It can only keep me up to 60 🙂